Custom Construction Solutions
With Total Home Solution® we treat your custom timber frame home project as a whole. We are with you from design through construction, however we understand that one construction solution is not right for everyone. Riverbend offers two levels of service so you can choose which works best for you.
Use Your Own Builder
You may already be working with a builder or choose to find a builder on your own. Once our crews finish the installation of the timber and SIP envelope your project manager will continue to be available for questions. Our construction drawings are the most detailed in the industry and allow your chosen builder to complete your project more efficiently and with less interpretation - saving you time and money.
Builder Bid Administration
If you need assistance finding a qualified builder in your area, you can choose our Builder Bid Administration service. Our team has the tools and knowledge to find and evaluate qualified contractors in your area based on reputation, pricing methods and availability as it relates to your timeline.
Steps in the Builder Bid Administration Process:
- Your project manager will prepare a Request For Proposal (RFP) which will include construction drawings, engineering and structural specifications.
- RFP bid packets will be sent to prospective builders (including any you provide).
- While he waits for responses, he will perform Builder Due Diligence reports which include: references, financial history, license and insurance checks.
- Prospective builders respond to the Project Manager with their detailed bid.
- Information included in the bid will be analyzed and compared to M.T.N Design's initial cost estimate and national averages, for reasonableness.
- Your project manager will then provide you with each builders' proposal and Due Diligence report.
- You then review the reports and interview the builders you would like to consider.
- When you are satisfied in your selection, you will sign a construction contract with your chosen builder.
Inspections and HERS Test
In addition to the builder evaluation, we will send your Project Manager to conduct inspections of your project at critical stages of the build to ensure that the home is being constructed per the original design specifications. Once the home is complete, we will commission a HERS test to determine the energy efficiency of your Riverbend home's envelope.